One Hundred Years
The Synagogue was legally chartered on November 6, 1915 after two decades of informal existence as a loosely organized minyan of Latvian landsleit. One of the defining features of Jewish life in Tulsa is that its pioneers were Eastern European Jews who rapidly rose to prominence (and wealth). The small community of Western European Jews was overshadowed in the early part of the 20th century by the dynamic, Yiddish-speaking immigrants who populated B'nai Emunah.
The long history of the congregation will be celebrated over a year of special program beginning in November 2015. To follow the calendar closely, please check the Events page on this website. Also, return a little later this year to see a digital copy of the 1966 commemorative volume authored by Shirley Levin and Moe Glazer.